Telecom Engineer Jobs
The telecom industry in the country is one of the fastest growing industries in the country with subscriber additions sky rocketing every month. India is the second largest telecom market in the world and with telecom companies expanding their operations and reaching out to the rural areas there is a need for telecom engineers to build the required network in order to cater to the large number of subscribers.
There are a large number of telecom engineers that pass out of engineering colleges in the country and are offered telecom engineer jobs.
Telecom Engineer Job Description
The Telecom Engineer job description which is generally assigned to people working in this industry has been given below.
- To analyze and solve various technical problems pertaining to telecommunications.
- To analyze quickly and find out as to where and why is the particular service interrupted.
- To design various new tools and equipments as per the requirement of the organization
- To ensure that the service provided by the telecom company is trouble free and that there are no other complications.
- To manage a team of junior telecom engineers.
- To coordinate with various other department heads in order to provide better facilities and services to the customers.
Education Requirements for Telecom Engineer Jobs
In order to get a Telecom Engineer job in a reputed firm there are a certain requirements which need to be fulfilled by the candidate. They are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunication engineering from a reputed college is a basic necessity for getting a Telecom Engineering job in any firm.
- Diploma in Telecommunication: (optional) A diploma in Telecommunication or any other related field from any reputed college is also accepted at a large number of Telecom Engineering firms while recruiting people for Telecom Engineering jobs.
- Master’s degree: A Master’s in Telecom Engineering management from a recognized college would surely give you an edge over others and will help you in getting managerial jobs.
Skills needed for getting a Telecom Engineer job
In order to get a Telecom Engineer job in a reputed company, any Telecom Engineer job seeker must possess the following set of skills:
- Computer knowledge: Basic knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc as well as knowledge of various software’s would prove to be an asset for Telecom Engineering professional.
- Risk identification skills: A Telecom Engineering professional should have extremely good analytical as well as Risk identification skills.
- Analytical skills: The job involves a large amount of analyzing and being able to read between the lines.
- Technical skills: As the job requires you to work in the technical domain, it is necessary to have clear understanding of concepts for a Telecom Engineering job.
- Patience and Motivation: These are two of the very important must have’s for any Telecom Engineering professional.
- Flexible approach: It is very important for any Telecom Engineering professional to be able to adapt himself to constant changes in this sector.